Making Change Happen... and Not Waiting Until Tomorrow!
Alright ya'll! I have talked the talk long enough - it is time that I start walking the walk.
If you have been with me for a while you likely have noticed that I have been on again-off again with writing these posts and sharing my life... I am sorry for that! However, I am so excited (and scared to death) for the journey that I have finally realized I am on. God has lit a fire inside of me and while I have noticed the heat for the past several months... I am finally ready to fan that flame! And I am starting TODAY!
So you might ask how am I going to get started... Let me tell you!
I am kicking all of this "walk the walk" talk off with a 40 day self improvement challenge... here is what it looks like.
- I am doing my 8th round of Whole30 and reintroduction - I have my full 40 day menu fully planned already (30 days of Whole30 and 10 days for reintroduction)!
- I am going to follow through with my morning and evening routine that I established months ago. In the morning this includes coffee, the Bible, a devotional, my journal, and my yoga mat. In the evening this includes hot tea with lemon, the Bible, my journal, and my yoga mat. I have found a couple yoga sequences that I will be trying out during these 40 days. I will share them with you and let you know what I think of each one!
- Starting on Monday May 28th, I will be starting the 100 Days to Brave Summer challenge with Annie F. Downs. #100daystobravesummer - this will serve as the devotional I spoke of in #1.
- I am going to drink 100 ounces of water daily and only allow myself to drink coffee until 10AM. This may seem simple to most, but let me assure you that this is BIG stuff for me! I am a coffee snob and I would rather drink it than anything else, in fact I usually do!
- I am committing to moving my body daily! While this may not look like actual exercise each day, I am making myself a promise to be active everyday. That may look like tag in the yard with my kids, an afternoon walk, or yoga with my instructor! I am committing to 2 taught yoga sessions each week at my favorite yoga studio - Studio Nine Yoga!
Okay so now let me answer the question you might be asking yourself... why do you care?
If I am honest with myself, I would say that you may not care... and that is okay! But I hope to inspire you to take a look at your own routines and see where you can make some improvements. I often find myself "fussin'" about my clothes not fitting the way that I'd like them to, or being too tired to play hide and seek with my kids, or totally copping out of supper and doing a Chick-fil-A run - and I am totally over it! I am tired of hearing the same excuses come out of my mouth and I am even more tired of feeling guilty for mentoring and coaching people towards their most Purely Nutritious life when I feel as if I have pretty much given up on my own!
I am ready to do this, I am ready to be accountable to you, and I am ready to take you right along with me.
Each week I will be posting my weekly recap and some take aways that I hope will inspire you to make some adjustments in your own life. I promise to be 100% honest, so buckle up buttercup because it is likely to get a little bumpy along the way.
Change is hard for anyone - but change is apart of life and change is the start of growth! I hope you will join me on this journey! If you want to tag along be sure to subscribe to my newsletter! You will get a weekly email with the link to read my most recent blog post and a monthly newsletter to keep you in the know of all the things Purely Nutritious! I really hope you join me!
As for now, I will "see" you next week! Keep me in your prayers just as I a pray for each of you! I will surely need them this week as I start this 40 day self improvement challenge for myself!
Bye For Now -
Here is a Bible verse that I am holding tightly to as I go through these 40 days! I hope it speaks to you like it does to me!
To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. -Ephesians 4: 22-24